Question
Posted by: Meme | 2008/09/22

Probiotic for Vaginal Infections

Which is the better way of treating BV, by taking a Probiotic orally or using a vaginal pessary???

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Meme
There are two current probiotic products on the maeket for this specific indication to my knowledge.
1 in a combination of an oral capsule and vaginal tablet (pessarie), the other is a vaginal capsule (pessarie).
It really depends on the activity of the probiotic and it’s ability to colonise (or grow) in the vagina. If it (probiotic) lives in this environment an oral tablet/capsule can be effective and you do not have to use a pessarie.
Unfortunatley you will have to try both and see which is best: Culturelle vaginal capsules or Vagiforte combination (oral and pessarie)

1
Posted by: Melissa | 2008/11/20

Hi Meme

I suffered with reoccuring BV for the past 3 months. Just tried a new product - Gynaguard. It works magic!! I am infection-free.

Melissa

Reply to Melissa