Question
Posted by: probi | 2010/11/04

probiflora hair loss

I have been taking 2 caps of Probiflora Strain9 for the past 3 months to help a candida infection.But since taking tabs, my hair is falling out in chunks everyday. Could I be sensitive to any of the ingredients? I have had an iron / vit b12/ thyroid test and they are all normaL Could the hair loss be due to the candida infection clearing up? or what could the hair loss be due to?

Dear Probi
I do not think that the Probiflora Strain 9 or your candida infection per se are causing your hair loss. Seeing that you have eliminated factors such as a deficiency of iron which is the most usual dietary cause of hair loss and thyroid imbalances, I would recommend that you consult a Dermatologist because there are other causes of hair loss including stress, which fall outside my area of expertise (e.g. changes in other hormones besides thyroid hormone).
I sincerely hope that the Dermatologist will pinpoint what is causing your hair loss as this is a most disturbing condition.

1

Dear Probi