Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2010-08-16

Pro-Kolin

Good Day

My 9 week old male tabby was having diarreah and post 5 days dosage of 1ml 2x/day of Pro-Kolin it was better. My Vet said no indications of infection / worms was noticed and I must give my cat a deworming pill once a week for 4 weeks, which is until he''s next vaccination due date.

Once the runny stomach improved, I stopped the Pro-Kolin for 2 days and I noticed runny stools again and started on 1ml once a day. After 2 days of no difference I increased the dosage again to 1ml 2x/day (this was the initial prescription by my Vet).

Is there a restriction on usage of Pro-Kolin? Aren''t I making my cat''s stomach " lazy"  by giving him probiotics?

Would appreciate your help, thank you

Hi Sarah

Keeping your kitten on pro-kolin is fine long term. The product does not address why your kitten has diarrhoea.

Diarrhoea can be caused by stress, parasites, improper diet, food allergies, viruses, FeLv, bacteria etc.

I would advise that you consider changing the cats diet to see if the diet that you are feeding adequate. Try one of the prescription intestinal diets. Please discuss this with your vet 1st. If this does not work then consider sending a stool sample for diagnostic analysis

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-08-16

Hi Sarah

Reply to CyberVet