Question
Posted by: Eve | 2012-06-12

Prisoner...

I have suffered from depression most of my life. It would generally be feelings of emptiness, sadness etc but over the last two years I have had explosive episodes where I lash out in unimaginable anger at my children and my partner, I do not remember what I have said or done the next morning.

I live and work on a farm and my car was recently repossessed so I cannot go anywhere to get away and recharge. Although I love my job and where I live I feel like a prisoner. I don''t go anywhere except for work and when I do go out my boss is always with me. My partner and I do not go out and I do not have the money to go anywhere with my children.

I am becoming verbally and emotionally abusive towards my family and the guilt is killing me. I am on medication for the depression but there is something very wrong with me. I have tried therapy etc but I am becoming worse and worse.

I feel that my last outburst has left my family drained and angry with me and that I am unable to fix this any longer. What do I do? What do I say to them? I feel like running away or worse yet ending it all. I am a prisoner to my life, my moods, my job and ultimately my chemical imbalance.

What do I do?

This may or may not be typical Depression, but clearly something is going on which is unpleasant for you and others, and needs proper expert assessment and assistance. Sounds like your depression meds have come from a GP, and may not be the right ones for your depression,and might even be adding to these epsides of rage and irritability. You really need to make plans to see a psychiatrist for a proper expert assessment and discussion of treatment options.
This problem CAN be solved, but may just need more expert advice and trying different meds to work it out

1