Posted by: Tiekie | 2008-11-03

Primolut N

Wrote to you a while ago about postponing my periods and you gave me the names of two tablets and advised me to go and see my doctor. Well I was at the Doctor on Friday and he prescribed Primolut N.

I just want to know when I should start taking these tablets. Im getting married on the 24/1/09 and im due to start my period on that day to and then we going on honeymoon till the 1/2/09. He prescribed Primolut N (30 tabs to be taken 3 times a day) and told me to start taking them on 17/1/09. Is this date correct or as i worked out should i not take them round about the 21/22 of January.

Thanks for all your help.

Your doctor is correct that you should start on the 17th. Periods start within 2-7 days of stopping Primolut N. If you want to be on the safe side, you will have to continue taking it till the 30th.

Posted by: clinton | 2009-12-08

can Primolut -N be used as a form of contraceptive as well or is it a contraceptive as well

Reply to clinton
Posted by: sam | 2008-11-12

Hi.I don' t wanna be negative, but this does not always work. i' ve tried using Primolut twice and both times i ended up getting my period. And the period lasted longer than the normal duration of my period.
Good luck tho' 

Reply to sam