Question
Posted by: TIEKIE | 2008/10/08

PRIMOLUT N

I want to bring my period forward and Dr Bets advised me either to take a light contraceptive or Primolut N. I do not use any method of contraception as my fiance had a vasectomy 3 years ago. Im getting married on the 24/1/09 and my period is due to start +- 21/1/09 thats why I want to bring it forward, What light contraceptive are available and how does Promolut N work?

Tiekie

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Tiekie

Both of these are presciption items and you will have to see your doctor first.

In your case I'd suggest primolut. With this your monthly bleeding can be brought forward or delayed if particular circumstances require this.
Together, you and your doctor will decide on a starting date of treatment. Bleeding will occur 2 to 3 days after having stopped medication.