Question
Posted by: past lost it | 2008/06/07

Previously strongminded past cracked it

After multiple skeletal surgeries last 5 years left me cracked to the core mentally. Husband has no emphathy cos' - gets no sex!. Belittles, dehumanises me, reminds me he "lost" financially for failed business on my part, keeps running tab of these "losses", chips my mental capacity to the likes of "a reject of a retard, fried braincells, tells me I surpass the mental incapacity of my family members,. Refuses to keep appointment my doctor requested (I was then on meds - zoloft, remeron etc for depression, says it is just an excuse to get high and mask any drug symtpoms that cocaine would produce, this he knows as it was previously used by both on part occasions with disasterous results for him sexually, I have not taken meds from Jan08, but am feeling so "insignificant, just do not want to get up and face work and a lot of the times his "hate and disgust". We own a business and publically does his run on me opten when I am not performing to his standards.

What a miserable bloke he is ! What you are describing is Abuse on his part. If you need meds, take them --- it's really none of his business. But perhaps you would be more helped if you could find a shrink providing Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, which could help repair your self-esteem, let you become resistant to his nasty comments, and could lift the Depression ( it's been proved to be potentially as effective as antidepressant meds.

2
Posted by: Lin | 2008/06/08

Leave him if you can. He's a "good weather husband" and he wasn't there for you when you needed him and he wont be there for you ever. Except when things go the way he wants it to.
File for divorce and sue for emotional abuse.
Hopefully you dont have any kids yet.
As Sadi says, you are so much better than this!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: sadi | 2008/06/07

Really some men are pigs (and thats an insult to a pig). I would also be depressed if I had to live with something like that. You are worth so much more. Cant you go and find a job elsewhere??? Find out what makes you happy, (take the bull by the horns) and go for it. Make yourself happy, you deserve it. Do something for yourself and stop believing what he tells you - he says all those things because his own insecurities are so overwhelming HE cant cope with them. Find a shrink that can help you. Above all learn to love yourself. Hope to hear from you again.

Reply to sadi