Question
Posted by: naas | 2011/05/23

Previous gree tea capsule question

Hi Doc.

I enquired previously about the green tea capsules called fineshow.. Please can you visit their website: www dot fineshow dot co dot za to see the full information and then kindly advise?

Thank you very much

Dear Naas
These green tea capsules seem to contain green tea extract, which as I have said before, may have a positive effect on slimming because there are other products on the market which only contain green tea extract which are supposed to promote weightloss. As for the other ingredients, I could only guess why they have been added. Gingko extract is being researched as a memory aid and treatment for conditions such as Alzheimer's disease so why it is added to a slimming product remains a mystery. The ingredient 'Melar' is not described in any other herbal list. Perhaps they meant 'Medlar'? Kudzu root is usually used as an anti-alcoholic herb, so its use in a slimming pill is also not clear. The fresh reed root may be included as a diuretic and the cassia seed is probably used as a laxative and/or diuretic. I would not recommend the use of a product that can contain components with unknown properties. Also be careful if you find that this product causes diarrhoea because it could lead to dehydration and loss of normal bowel function.
Take care

1

Dear Naas
Take care