Question

Preterm Labour

Hi Doc,

i am 30 weeks pregnant, and my cervix is already open and 2cm diliated. I have been told to go on strict bed rest, but i am unable to do this as i have a very busy toddler to look after at home.

The gynae has given me Cyclogest, Adalat and Slow Mag to help slow down the process. Is this medication effective and does is normally work?

These medications don't usually work as prevention of labour, they work more to stop labour. There isn't much more you can do other than rest, no intercourse and a course of steroids in case you do deliver soon.

2