Question
Posted by: Candice | 2011-08-04

Pressure/ Pounding in my ears

Hi Doc,

Sometimes I have pressure in my ears and I hear pounding (like my heartbeat or something). I clean my ears regularly and it’ s only started happening in the past month or so. It lasts for a few hours, sometimes nearly the whole day. Is this something I should worry about?

Candice

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination of your sinusses and the ear canal, as it is possible that you are suffering from underlying sinusitis, causing pressure inside the ear. It is also possible that you are causing a wax built up in the inner part of the outer ear when cleaning your ears.