Question
Posted by: Morgan | 2011/04/11

Pressure in head

Hi there,

I hope that you can help me with this. I suffer fromexcruciating headaches. Saturday and Sunday morning I was actually woken up by the headache., it was so painful. The headache has since passed but i have a terrible pressure in my head, mostly around the top of my head and around the temple area, it also affects my ears to a degree. I get dizzy from this pressure in my head and also affects my vision slightly. I have been nausea since Saturday. Please could you advise me as to what the problem could be or if I should be concerned. I have since mentioned the headsches to my GP and she recommends I see a Physio, I have seen a physio in the past and to no avail. I don''t see why I should spend unecessary money (i hava a hospital plan) on Physio if it doesn''t help.Should I be worried?

Hallo Morgan
Normally, if the headache is caused by muscle spasm, physiotherapy will help. If it doesn't, and normal painkillers do not help for the pain, or the pain is increasing in intensity or the headache comes back more often, or you have symptoms of loss of function or feeling, you should see a neurologist. This could be kind of migraine or could be due to other neurological causes and you may need further tests like a brain scan.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/11

Hallo Morgan