Posted by: Phumi | 2009-03-30

I was sick and went to see a doctor and she found that its sinus. And i know once in two months i always have sinus and i had to go and see the doctor and get antibiotic. So this time i am pregnant and she found that my high blood pressure was high. I had a premature baby before because of the high blood pressure. But the doctor said to me its because i was sich that is why it was. My question is it possible that its because of i was or is it coming like the last time with previously pregnancy cause my baby was born in 34 weeks? I had a C- Section.

Dear Phumi
I am the Diet Expert, so Please ask GynaeDoc or Cyber Doc this question. I do know that if you get stressed out because your bp was higher when you went for your sinus checkup, you will make your blood pressure rise and that will not be good for the baby. From a dietary point of view, increasing your calcium intake by having 4 servings of low-fat milk, yoghurt or sour milk or cottage cheese a day will help to lower your bp and provide all the calcium you and baby need for good health. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. This diet is low in fat and sodium which will lower your bp. It also contains high levels of protective nutrients such as potassium and calcium which will further lower your bp.
Wishing you all the best with this pregnancy