Question
Posted by: Julie Hogarth | 2009/06/05

Preservatives in food

Are there any tests to test for preservatives and flavourerants in foods. I react very badly if I eat certain breads or baking mixes. Within an hour of eating sometime I begin to sweat. I fell very faint and ill. This can last up to 24 hours.

Expert ImageArchive

Julie

I suggest that you refer to the labels of the food for the ingredients. You can also have allergy tests done to precisely confirm for which preservatives you are allergic to. If there are no labels on the food, I unfortunately, advise that you do not eat them.