Posted by: Daisy | 2009-04-17

Hi doc,

Have heard about Preseed and want to know if this product is worth using. I seem to be producing less cervical mucus. am currently using clomid. Can we use Preseed?

Dear Daisy

Due to the disruption in workdays there has been a delay in response to your question. We do apologise of any convenience caused.

Preseed is a vaginal lubricant namely to facilitate adequate intercourse and differs from other lubricants in that it is not spermicidal or sperm toxic. However it has no bearing on cervical mucus function or will not positively improve fertility.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Julize | 2009-04-29

I would like to answer you as I' ve done a lot of reading on pre-seed. Pre-seed is the ONLY product that you can use without harming the sperm. It is completely safe and was developed for that purpose. You can use preseed as Clomid dries out the mucus. Also drink evening primrose oil capsules the two weeks from menses till ovulation.

Reply to Julize
Posted by: Daisy | 2009-04-17

Thanks Ursie. I thought it was ph balanced to match cm and does not harm sperm.

I had intened buying it, but now am thinking twice.

Reply to Daisy
Posted by: Ursie | 2009-04-17

Hi Daisy!

I have also used preseed when I was on clomid but it didnt work. Went to my fertility specialist on Tuesday, asked him what can I use and he said nothing. Preseed also kills semen.

Others say that preseed helped them conceived. I think its a personal decision.

Reply to Ursie