Question
Posted by: Wilma | 2010/04/30

prescription diet tablets

I was precribed Aniloretic, Duromine and Eltroxan, for 3 months. How safe is Eltroxan, as it works on youre tiroid

Dear Wilma
If you have what is called an underactive thyroid gland, then it is essential to take Eltroxin. If you don't have an underactive thyroid gland, it can be very dangerous to use thyroid hormone tablets because this can cause overactive thyroid function. So unless the dr did thyroid tests and found that you have too little thyroid hormone, I would not take the Eltroxin and I would go for a second opinion.
Take care

1

Dear Wilma
Take care