Question
Posted by: Niel | 2008/08/14

Prescription

Good morning,

Please wont you tell me what anti biotics one would take for Staph aureus and the required dosage? We are currently on holiday and my son has " lost"  the medication. I want to help him as his skin is pretty bad but the doctor this side doesnt seem entirely sure as to what he should take.

Thank you very much....

Hallo Niel
There are a few antibiotics you can treat Staph aureus with, depending on how bad it is and whether you have tested the sensitivity of the bacteria against antibiotics. Augmentin, Bactrim and Erythromycin can work. Bactroban ointment is usually very effective topically.