Question
Posted by: THOBS | 2010/12/08

preparing for pregnancy

I am 31 years old have a 3 years 4 month daughter whom i got through ceasearan section because of fetal distress. I was in johannesburg now I am in my home country. I now intend getting pregnant againprobably around april next year. What things should I do in prepation for my pregnancy -physically i could start as early as now. Is it possible that after this long time I could give birth the normal way. I need to find a new doctor what things should I ask him to check to be sure im ready to conceive again?

There isn't anything special you need do other than following a healthy diet and taking folate. It isn't necessary to see a doctor unless you have a specific problem. Whether you can give birth normally or not will depend on a number of factors during the pregnancy, such as the size of the baby, how the pregnancy progresses,etc.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/12/09

Take folic acid and a pregnancy multivitamin daily.

Yes, some gynae''s are willing to let you try for VBAC - a vaginal birth after caesarian, you''ll just have to look around until you find one.

The best way to prepare for a natural birth is to make sure you stay fit through your pregnancy as it helps you to cope with labour.

Reply to Purple