Posted by: rosie | 2012-10-30

Preparing for AI

We are planning to start a treatment cycle of artificial insemination using donor sperm within the next few months. (Hubby cannot produce sperm). I''m in my twenties, and generally healthy. Apart from taking a preconception multivitamin with folic acid, are there any other things I should do in the mean time/ just before/after AI treatment to increase our chances of a successful pregnancy?

Dear Rosie
You are doing all the necessary steps such as taking folic acid, preconception. The other important thing would be a healthy diet, avoiding unhealthy food, exercise regularly, and avoid smoking.By doing all these things you should have a reasonably good chance in falling pregnant.
Answered by: Dr Y.M.Dasoo