Question
Posted by: Lulama Dlamini | 2011/07/14

preparation for pregnancy

Hi doc
My Name is Lulama I''m 29 years old. My problem is ever since i''v had my periods i get bad period pains that in most cases i always lend up in hospital. From last year i started using injection to prevent pregnacy which has resulted in me not getting any periods at all. Now the last one i took is for 3 months and its process is ending now in August. Me and my boyfriend dicided we want to have a baby next year so that means no more injections and back to the painfull period pains. I actually will like to see a gynea before next month so i can see if i will be able to able to concieve. The reason for that all my life when i go to the doctor for period pains they always tell me i will be lucky if i''m able to have one or they will be a number of miscarages before i came right cauz my lining is too thin. Please help. I leave in johannesburg South. I just want to have a baby of my own and i don''t want anything to go rong. Please.
Thank you.

I am not sure if a problem was found as a cause for your period pains. Many women have ' normal' period pains, but there are some conditions such as endometriosis which can cause them. It is therefore a good idea to see a gynaecologist and tell him/her that you are planning to fall pregnant.

2
Posted by: Mel | 2011/07/18

Maybe go for a second opinion I hope you will receive good news!

Reply to Mel