Question
Posted by: Bell | 2010-03-25

prenatal vitamins

Dear Gynae Doc

I''m trying to conceive and my gynaecologist has " prescribed"  Folic Acid Forte for me - saying I don''t need to take any multivitamins with it.

I used to take Vitaforce Ladyvite Adult every day before that and never struggled with PMS but since I have swopped the multivitamin for the Folic Acid I can literally kill someone the week before my period starts and I get extremely depressed (I''m already on anti depressants) - so I''m thinking the two has to be linked? (This has been the same for the past 3 months)

My question is can I take a multivitamin with the Folic Acid? If so, can I continue taking both when I do fall pregnant?

Thanks in advance
B

You can continue with the multivitamin. If i contains enough folic acid it may not be necessary to take the Folic acid forte as well.

6

MY GYNAE PRISCRIBE FOR ME FERTOMIDO 50MG AND FOLIC ACID FORTE.TOTREAT POCS.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-27

Posted by: Fi | 2010-03-26

hi there. i''m about 7 weeks pregnant. i''m on Folic Acid, Chela - preg &  mum - omega.

what i would like to know is which is better mum - omega or preg - omega. doc please can your help

Reply to Fi
Posted by: P | 2010-03-25

Hi. I take folic acid and Centrum Materna (recommended by amy fertility gynae)

Reply to P
Posted by: Rae | 2010-03-25

I am on Clomid and Estrofem .... do i also have to take folic acid and staminogro?

Reply to Rae
Posted by: anon | 2010-03-25

On tuesday i visited my gynae and I am also trying to conceive - she has also put me on folic acid forte and on staminogro which my hubby must take as well and on fertomed - said that it will boost the sperm count - you also need to go for a blood test friend! - go for thyroid and check your sugar levels - you may not be diabetic but sometimes your insulin levels affects falling pregnant and also your weight - doc told me to lose some weight

Reply to anon