Question
Posted by: Mashudu | 2010/08/11

prenatal vit

Hi I lost my baby due to neural defect of brain. I told to take folic acid. Can i take just get multivitamin that has folic acid

You can take just folic acid or get a multivitamin whihc has folic acid.

3

Posted by: Racoon | 2010/08/11

I am so sorry for you terrible loss!

You need to have about 600 mcg of folic acid per day in the weeks before you fall pregnant and then also in the first trimester. The most multivits do not have enough folic acid in, but you can check the package. Folic Acid itself is very very cheap, so maybe worth getting for use together wiht an everyday multivit.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: A | 2010/08/11

Hi. I can suggest Centrum Materna vitamins as well as 1 folic acid tablet per day (little yellow pills). That''s what I was told to take by my fertility specialist
.

Reply to A