Question
Posted by: Lorraine | 2009-11-30

Prenancy and sinusitus

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant. I suffer from severe allergic sinusitus. I have been on antibiotics 3 times since being pregnant
but my GP assures me the ones prescribed are safe during pregnancy. I am suffering more than normal with it because usually I am on flixonase nasules to control it but have had to stop since being pregnant. Are they really dangerous to use while pregnant. Another option my GP has suggested is that I get cortizone injections in my sinuses. Would this be bad for the baby? I want to know what my safest option is as I seem to be getting sick once a month.

thanks

Flixonase is not advised in pregnancy.I don't know about cortisone injections into the sinuses. It might be best to consult an ENT specialist.