Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2008/06/19

Prenancy and fluoxetine

Hi CS

I am now 7 weeks pregnant, and feel as though I'm having a relapse in my depression. I was 40 mg of fluoxetine, but increased it to 60 mg two days ago. Right now I definately am not able to handle the stress I am exposed to (high risk pregnancy, work troubles, just moved house, financial problems and the normal 1st trimester pregnancy symptoms) and I am really afraid of a major relapse. End of last year I suffered from 'burnout' and had a two month rest, which cost me all my sick leave until 2010. I haven't managed to get hold of my psych yet, but hoping to do so really soon. Will the increase in my meds help? and how long before I can expect to see an effect? what can I take for anxiety attacks?

Handling this dilemma is a complex issue, and you really must arrange, asap, to see a good local psychiatrist --- your psych MUST see and assess you, and advise on this. I wouldn't usually like to increase meds at such a stage in pregnancy. Ask him also about CBT counselling which obviously has no side-effects or problems with pregnancy, and could be added to whatever other treatment he considers best

1
Posted by: beware | 2008/06/19

Please please what are you thinking of increasing meds on your own and pregnant? Its highly dangerous for your unborn baby, for you taking meds!!!

Please get professional help from your own Dr asap! This is urgent!

Reply to beware