Question
Posted by: Pip | 2009-11-17

Premature Rupture of Membranes

I pPrommed just before 29 weeks and have been in hospital on bedrest for over 3 weeks. Nst' s are run 3 times a day and the WBC and CRP is done every two days... I have heard from a paed and another gynae that it is std. practice to deliver the baby at 34 weeks due to risks being higher... can you please provide me with more information w.r.t this.

The risks to weigh up are of preterm delivery and all the problems related to this, and infection from the rupture of membranes. At 34 weeks, the risks of prematurity are fairly low compared to the infection risk, and thus delivery is usually done at this stage.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-11-19

Posted by: sandy | 2009-11-18

i had the same, all though mine only started at 33 weeks. i was in hospital for 5 days and started to bleed a bit, so my baby was delivered one day short of 34 weeks. He' s 6 now and the second " biggest"  boy in his class. Only struggles a bit with asthma.

Reply to sandy