Question
Posted by: mama | 2008-11-15

Premature labour

I would like to know if having a baby born prematurly heightens the risk of this happening in subsequent pregnancies? I started going into early labour with my baby when i was 32 weeks pregnant due to leaking amniotic fluid which started quite early on in my pregnancy. I was hospitalised and the labour was successfully stopped with the medication i was given. my doc eventually induced me at 34 weeks due to low levels of amniotic fluid around my baby. my baby was born perfect and healthy (just a little early) I am thinking of getting pregnant again, but would my chances of going into labour prematurely again be more than any other person' s because of the fact that I already had a premature baby?

You are correct that you chance of preterm labour in the next pregnancy is increased.