Question
Posted by: harry | 2008/08/24

premature greying of hair

i am only 36 and my hair is turning grey, used to like cutting my hair every 2wks to avoid combing. could this be the cause? what else could it be except genetics? what can i do to remedy situation. i noticed with interest that Mr kgalema Motlante of ANC has pitch-black hair with completely grey mustach, how is it possible?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Harry, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately there is not a lot one can do with hair losing its pigment and turning grey. The frequency of cutting the hair will not determine or increase this loss in pigment. Your only option is to use a dye to recolor the hair and that is most probably what Mr. Motlante is doing. There are medical conditions associated with hair pigment loss such as albinism, vitiligo, Werner’s syndrome and Pernicious anemia. If you are concerned, please consult your family doctor for further tests and advice.

1
Posted by: PVT | 2009/01/12

hELP, i' M 29, AND VERY GREY.... WHAT CAN i DO TO SLOW THIS DOWN....

Reply to PVT