Posted by: Phumie | 2013-01-18

PREMATURE ejaculation

My pardner has a very small penis, in comparison with my exboyfriend. i find it very difficult to orgasm with him, also because he ejaculates about 30 seconds after he inside me, then he must stop and start and stop and start... It is very irritating and puts me off sex all together. the idea of having sex with him has become a negitive thought and i sometimes feel i need to please myself to be happy behind his back. Im average size down there, according to what i have been told and i really believe size matters. what can i do??

Premature ejaculation can cause so much distress and frustration in a relationship. It is possible to get help for this condition but it would be best to discuss this with a practitioner who is trained to do so. They would want to discuss this issue with you and your husband. They would ask more detailed questions about the problem, whether it is something new and or always present, whether there could be medical condition which may contribute to the problem (eg hyperthyroidism). In some men there is a fear of an erectile dysfunction which may then lead to the premature ejaculation which needs to be discussed. Ways to treat PE would include psychotherapy, the use of a topical aneasthetic (lidocaine cream or spray) with the use of a condom, or oral drug therapy (SSRI) which are known to delay ejaculation. For further information please consult SASHA’s website at For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to