Posted by: savannah | 2008-11-16

premature ejaculation

My partner use to have a problem with premature ejaculation.
Hes been working overseas for 5 months and since he returned , he has not got a problem with this anymore, and it takes him a while to reach a climax. Why this change al of a sudden? Could it be that I am not a turn on to him anymore, medication that he uses or other medical reasons, please set my mind at ease. He says he is just getting older and he prefers it this way. I am feeling unsure about myself.

Premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems experienced by men. Other than receiving treatment for learning ejaculatory control there are other factors that can effect the time it takes a man to ejaculate. If a man starts to have sex significantly more regularly than previously, for example from having sex 4 times a month to 3 times a week, he may find that he is able to last longer. The side effect of certain ant-depressants cause delayed ejaculation, and in severe cases of premature ejaculation that does not improve with traditional learning ejaculatory control methods they are treated with certain anti-depressants due to its side effect. It is also known that men naturally develop better ejaculatory control as they age. It is as a result of the natural changes physically that occurs with ageing that results in better control.

Whether any of these factors are relevant in your case I cannot say. Your concern with your attractiveness is a common response amongst woman when problems occur in their sexual relationships. The sudden change in the problem is also a factor to be kept in mind.

I would suggest seeing a sex therapist to address these concerns in more depth and holistically.