Posted by: Lee | 2009-09-17

premature aging

I have a pale complexion and have lived in SA all my life. i am 31 years old and may face is full of wrinkles already!!! I wear a daily SPF 15 sunscreen and I have tried every product in the market from extremely expensive to the cheap ones. Nothing seems to make much difference. i am always told that my cheeks are really dry, even when I am using one of the fancy expensive creams. What can I do so that I don' t look even worse in 10 years time?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lee, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would like to examine the skin first to advice on the best treatment option.
My first recommendation would be to use a SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide (apply several times daily) and to consider starting the Heliocare Oral tablets to further increase the SPF of one’s skin.
Furthermore I would start topical products that contain alphahydroxy acids (glycolic acid) and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, and vitamin A which can be found in NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, Skin Medica, Etc. in various forms.
Other treatment modalities would include glycolic acid peels, skin rejuvenation such as IPL, Matrix RF, or Fraxel, and Botox.