Question
Posted by: Topaz | 2011/04/12

Premarin - 34wks pregnant

I am 34wks pregnant and have painful piles. My gynae has prescribed Sheriproct cream and it gives temporary relief. I saw my gynae on Monday and told her that the piles are starting to bleed and she suggested I use Premarin as it can help stop the bleeding. After reading the insert etc. I see that Premarin should not be used when pregnant and it neds to be applied into the vagina. I trust my gynae but I am afraid to use the cream at this stage of the pregnancy. What should I do?
What can I do to stop the piles from bleeding? She also indicated that if they get worse, I would need to see a surgeon - can they operate at this stage?

I am not familiar with Premarin being used for piles. I am not sure that surgeons would operate at this stage of pregnancy, but there may be other treatments that they would use.

1