Posted by: Just me | 2009-03-30

Prejudice - Cyclothemia

Log time no talk. I would like your opinion.

I recently had an episode and was booked off for a week to get my head on straight again. It was brought on by stress, work, home, financial and relationship.

On return to my work place, I played open cards with management and confessed by disorder. I even gave them an information sheet on what is all entails.

Now they look at me as if I am some kind of worm and every little mistake I make is highligthed and letters of explanation are asked for. Do you think they are trying to get rid of me because of my illness. I have been working for the corporate giant for more than 15 years with minimal disruption caused by my disorder.

What can I do to protect myself?

Thank you for your opinion.

Just me

Hello again, jm !
Cyclothymia, perhaps ? Cyclothermia sounds more like a temperature that goes up and down --- analogous, but not quite what you're describing.
Wouldn't it be grand if we could schedule our crises and problems so that they'd happen one by one, rather than clustering as they tend to ?
Maybe it'd be wise to seek legal advice. I'm sure management is NOT entitled to treat one differently because of ANY recognized health condition one has, and especially not to penalize you for being frank with them.