Question
Posted by: Gail | 2010-02-11

Pregnavit (blue and white capsules)

Dear Doc, I am in my late 50' s and take Pregnavit as a multivitamin. I was told by the pharmacist that anyone can take it, it is not just for pregnant women. I am having a debate in the office whereby it is being said that it may have too much iron which long term could be detrimental to one' s health. I have tried many other vitamins, but the Pregnavit is the only one I feel good on. My nails are stronger and have never grown as well, my hair grows quicker than when I wasn' t taking it and I am told my skin and appearance looks so much healthier, basically my general well being has improved, I have more energy and I sleep better. What I would like to know is, is it wise to take this vitamin without having blood tests or is it safe if I merely continue indefinitely with it? I am also on a diet at the moment, basically just eating healthy foods, fish, chicken, salads, veggies, yoghurt and fruit. No bread or fatty foods, no cakes, chocolates, no butter only olive oil and have lost 8 kilos in 2 months doing this. I look forward to your response. regards.

Hallo Gail
If you are not menstruating anymore you should have your iron levels tested from time to time. as overdosing on Iron on your age could cause bronze diabetes (hemochromatosis) that can cause liver, pancreas and heart failure in the long term

3
Posted by: unknown | 2015-09-16

am 17 and taking pregnavit M due to the fact of not conceiving

Reply to unknown

I went to see a GP for flu today and was given Pregnavit.I'm also in my late 50's. I'm concerned about an iron overdose

Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-11

Hallo Gail

Reply to cyberdoc