Posted by: Nay | 2009-10-05

pregnant&  bleeding

Hi.I am 12 weeks pregnant &  started bleeding about 3 weeks ago. I was hospitalized and released after a scan showed that my baby was fine &  no serious problem. My doc put me on bedrest for a couple of days and utergestan because i had a miscarriage in May this year.I still bleed at least once a week just for a day, but afterwards a muddy kind of discharge.It now feels like the inside of my vagina is sore and I have slight cramps.Alot of backache and headaches too. I am constantly nausious but have a huge appetite. I have not been having sex as my doc recommended.Everytime I go to the gynae everything is fine. He has not done an intrnal examination yet.What can it be. I am 36 years old and this is my fourth child.

The backache, headaches and nausea are normal symptoms of pregnancy. The bleeding is most likely a threatened miscarriage. More than 80% wll settle down and carry on normally.