Question
Posted by: Preggy mom | 2011/04/06

Pregnant yoga

hi there
i just found out i''m pregnant, is it ok if i start doing yoga for exercises during my pregnancy? i want to keep fit, if its not ok what other exercises can i do at the gym that will not harm me or my baby?
thank you

Expert ImageYoga

Hi- Yoga is very beneficial for pregnancy and there are plenty of asanas (postures) and pranyama (breathing practices) that can help prepare you physically, mentally and ebnergetically. I would advise that you take your first trimester quite slowly and practice yoga very gently without strain. There are some very good books out there with clear instructions that can help you get started on your yoga for pregnancy practice. If you are wanting a class then there are also many prenatal yoga courses on offer. I definitely advise doing yoga in this time but please remember to listen to your body first and foremost and I'm sure your pregnancy will be a smooth and happy one.

1
Posted by: yoga | 2011/04/11

Reply to yoga