Posted by: RS | 2010-09-30

Pregnant without medical aid

Good Day Doc,
What needs to be one of my happiest moments is now one of the scariest times... I fell pregnant and we are not on a medical aid. We used to had a medical aid but my hubby lost his work and we had to cancel our m/a - needless to say I will need to go to a state hospital. Will it be okay - what does the professionals say??

State hospitals provide very good medical care though the 'hótel facilities'are not always so good.

Posted by: Beauty Matolo | 2010-09-30

Hi Doc,I''m hiv positive and I''m pregnant,how many chances of my child not to be infected or is it posible for me to do a ceaserian section please B

Reply to Beauty Matolo
Posted by: Mabs | 2010-09-30

Thanx Purple this is an excellent advice i am also in the same situation as RS,its good to be in this site ladies!!!!!

Reply to Mabs
Posted by: PUrple | 2010-09-30

Why don''t you contact a private midwife? Some of the government hospitals have active birth units and you can use a private mid wife. Its a lot cheaper than a gynae, however, if there is a problem, you can have a c-section done by a state gynae.

Most women in this country give birth in government hospitals, they vary in their quality. Go to good ante-natal classes and get lots of information as this will reassure you and it won''t be such a frightening experience. Your husband can also then hellp you a lot during the birth and you don''t need to rely on the useless nursing care in the hospital.

Reply to PUrple