Question
Posted by: Chelsea | 2011-07-27

Pregnant without Insurance

Hi there, I just want to find out from anyone - what will the estimated cost be for pregnancy and childbirth? I think I might be pregnant but don''t have any insurance at the moment and don''t think any medical aid will take me if I''m already pregnant.

For a private gynaecologist, about R20 000.

2
Posted by: Marmalade | 2011-08-04

There are one or two medical aids that will cover you even if you are already pregnant. Try searching the pregnancy chatline archives.

also check out genesis. it s midwives with gynaes as a backup. a bit cheaper that the 2 estimates given above

Reply to Marmalade
Posted by: Tiger | 2011-07-28

a friend of mine just got a quote from Femina for R25 000 only for the labour

and yes no medical aid is gonna cover your pregnancy but they will cover the baby from start

Reply to Tiger