Question
Posted by: michele | 2009-10-22

pregnant with protien in urine

im 37 weeks pregnant they found blood and protien in my urine what does this mean?

It could be a bladder infection or pre-ecclampsia, depending on what else was found.

3
Posted by: Dexter | 2009-10-25

If you haven' t already had your baby, you probably will soon. I was induced with both my pregancies when they found protein in my urine.

I think it' s a symptom that your kidneys are feeling the pressure and normally birth happens soon, either by induction or a c-section.

Good luck.

Reply to Dexter
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-25

Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-22

Hi, it also happened to me last week, and the gynea wanted to keep me in hospital overnight to monitor me. Within hours my bloodpressure went through the roof and they did a emergency c-section. I was only 34 weeks at the time, but everyone is doing fine and growing well. Good luck!