Posted by: Honey | 2008-11-18

Pregnant with numb spot

have this really weird numb spot on my right leg, just above the knee. Its so difficult to describe because I can feel when there is an itch but when I touch it the entire area has no feeling to it. I fell two weeks ago and had bad back pain so I thought maybe I pinched a nerve? The back pain is mostly gone and I only discovered the numb spot two days ago so I don' t know how long its been there. The colour and everything is okay so the blood supply seems fine, its just its totally numb. Standing, rubbing, massage...nothing seems to relieve it.Its about 20 cm in diameter.

I am 29 weeks pregnant

Expert ImageChiroDoc

This is an indication that the nerve was "irritated" - as there is no low back pain at present and as you indicate that you are pregnant (how long?) - it may be advisable to wait until your youngster has arrived, and six weeks after the birth consult a chiropractor for a thorough "check up". Injured nerves often take quite some time to fully recover.

Posted by: Honey | 2008-12-02

Thanks, will see how it goes after the pregnancy!

Reply to Honey
Posted by: Also Pregnant | 2008-12-01

ChiroDoc' s advice is the most sensible - I' ve experienced similar problems in the past and Chirpractic care always helped.

Reply to Also Pregnant
Posted by: Another Friend | 2008-11-27

Reply to Another Friend
Posted by: friend | 2008-11-25

Chiro doc is missing in action - if you pregnant get yourself to a good physiotherapist. Rubbing wont help if the problem comes from your back.
Hope your ok.

Reply to friend