Question
Posted by: Van | 2008/09/14

Pregnant with IBS

I am 15 weeks pregnant. I have had IBS for 15 years and it has become worse since becoming pregnant. I am currently taking probiflora intensive (only been on it 3 weeks) it seems to have helped the gas and bloating. However I still have pain which is sometimes on the right side of the colon or the left. It is a dull ache. I almost have to support my stomach, before i sit down. What is the reason for the pain? What can I take. ?

Kind Regards

Van

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

With IBS there can be inflammation of the colon and therefor with the pregnancy more pressure on the colon. I suggest magnesium (foodstate) as this will help normalise the bowel contractions. Make sure you have enough fibre, drink enough water and control your stress levels.

DR Debbie