Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2008/10/03

Pregnant: Tests And Check-Ups - age 35

My friend found out she is pregnant again. She is 35 now. She already has two children. I told her about older woman and the heigher risk of down' s in baby and I told her about all the tests that can be done.
What are the names of these tests and should she get all of them done? What is the safest thing for her to do?

Should she also consider c-section for this pregnancy? Both her other kids were normal birth with no complications. She had them both in her early 20' s.

The best test would be a nuchal translucency. There would be no need for a caesarean unless there was a complication.

2
Posted by: Jenn | 2008/10/03

Thanks for the advise Doll78. Maybe I should have mentioned that she asked for my advice because she know' s about some risks but didn' t know what they are. She and her husband does not have a medical scheme so I' m trying to get her as much info as possible so she can make the right choice to go see a gyno herself. She is a housewife and doesn' t have access to the internet and she doesn' t have a car to just drive around to go see doctors. I think I' m being a great friend to her by trying to help her.

Reply to Jenn
Posted by: doll78 | 2008/10/03

Be a better friend. Stop making her nervous. 35 is by no means old. She needs to get this information from her gynaecologist.

Reply to doll78