Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/28

pregnant so soon after pill??

HI there,
I have stopped the pill Yasmin for almost a month now and was due to get my period on tuesday 26/05 but nothing! i would like to know if there is a possiblity that i might be preg. should i take a preg test or wait another week or so?

See the Top 5 questions.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/29

your question is gynae doc' s most popular asked question and this is her answer posted on " Gynae Doc' s Top 5 Questions"  :
Commonly, after stopping the oral contraceptive, there is a period of time which the body needs to adjust to its own cycle again. In this time, periods may be irregular or may not come at all. It often takes three months for the cycle to regularise. Most women do not fall pregnant in this time, though there are, of course, instances where pregnancy does occur. If you have a delayed period soon after stopping the Pill, it is probably a good idea to do a pregnancy test so as to know where you stand. Bear in mind, however, that it is more likely to be due to a readjustment of the hormones. If this persists beyond three months, a gynaecological check-up would be advisable.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/29

also remember that your cycle is out of whack for a while after the pill, so it could just be your cycle trying to stabilise.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/29

I left a pill in Jan and Feb I was pregnant I was on Triphasil. Take a test and good luck!!!

take care

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/29

You can take the test if you are late with your period. You could be pregnant.