Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-27

PREGNANT - PANAFCORT &  STILNOX

Dear Gynaedoc

I was put on Panafcort (15 mg once a day from 30.08.2010, then 10mg from 06.09.2010, then 5mg from 13.09.2010 for two weeks) due to gastro problems. I developed insomnia from the panafcort and was presceribed Stilnox. I was also on Microval and breastfeeding. I have just got a positive HPT and want to know if I should be concerned about the meds I was taking when I conceived and what risks the baby faces.

The Panafcort shouldn't be a problem and neither should the Stilnox if you used it occasionally. It has been shown to delay growth in animals if used in very high doses.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-28

Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-27

PS : I stopped breastfeeding whilst on the meds.