Question
Posted by: Jes | 2010/05/10

Pregnant: painfull nipples and pain when urinating

I''m in my 18th week of pregnancy at the moment. It''s my second pregnancy. I''m only seeing my doc in two weeks time and my previous visit to my doc was 4 weeks ago. In this time I started having two changes which I don''t know if it it normal and if there is something that I can do.
My breast have been very sore from the start of this pregnancy which I know is normal. The pain went away but for the past few weeks if feels like my nipples are being tore off. While breastfeeding my first child a few years ago I had one stage when my nipples cracked and it is the same feeling I have now. It''s not dry or cracked now but it is the same extremely sensitive feeling. I try not to touch them very much and therefor only have pain when I take a bath or get dressed. I''m now scared that it will still be painfull when I want to start breastfeeding the new baby. Is there something I can do to make it feel better?

The other problem that I have is when I urinate it is also painfull but it doesn''t burn. It difficult to describe but it almost feel like a tightness of the skin and muscle just on the inside of my vagina but it is definily not burninng. This is now causing us not to have sex because I''m scared that it will be painfull for me.

I''ll mention both of these problems to my doctor but would like to know if you have any idea what is happening??

The sensitive breasts are part of pregnancy. It isn't possible to predict if this will stay so.
If the pian you have is only with urination and at no other time, then a bladder infection would be the most likely cause.

1