Posted by: B | 2010-08-14

Pregnant or not?

I took the pill for about 5 years. A few days (5th - 7th) before my period started I had unprotected intercourse. From the a day or two after I had sex, I started to get heartburn, nausea and headaches.
I stopped using it on the 4th Aug on the 8th my period started, it lasted the same as when I used the pill, my period stopped the 12th about. Today (14th) I notice some spotting (Brownish discharge). And the heartburn and nausea has returned. Is this okay?
Can I be pregnant or is this syptoms of stopping the pill?

It can be possible that you are pregnant and I suggest that you do a pregnancy test. Please however, note that when you use a contraceptive for a long period of time and you stop taking it, your menstrual cycle can be abnormal and spotting is not unusual. This in turn can also cause nausea etc.

Posted by: B | 2010-08-15

Thank you very much. If the Pregnancy test is negative, how long could the side effects last?

Reply to B