Question
Posted by: Blomma | 2010-05-03

Pregnant or not?

Dear Doctor,

I was told that i am not ovulating, reason being that i do not get my period regularry, only every 3 months sometimes less sometimes more often, my las period was 11 February 2010 before that the 9th of November 2009. The last couple of weeks i suffer from severe hartburn and Nausea, my breast are tender especially my nipples, I also urinate frequently, I use no form of birth control. I also urinate frequently. Is there a possibility that i might be pregnant? Me and my fionce do have intercourse on a regular bases. Please help. Regards, Benita

It is possible that you ovulate sometimes, so you probably should check a pregnancy test.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-05-05

Posted by: Benita | 2010-05-04

Yes we have tested, according to the one giny i do not ovulate according to the other one who actually cut me oppened there was nothing wrong with my ovaries, and according to an other giny the reason fopr having my periods irregulary is because my hormones is out of balance. I just want to find out what the chances is for me being pregnant, what is the odds

Reply to Benita
Posted by: Purple | 2010-05-04

the only way to know for sure is to do a pregnancy test.

Buy a couple of home ones, as if they are done too early then they will be negative as there aren''t sufficient hormones present in your urine. As you don''t really know when your period is due, just do a test once a week until you either get a positive one or you start your period.
If you have done three tests and they are all negative and your period still hasn''t started, then perhaps see your gynae.

In the early days of pregnancy it feels like you have severe pms and you are convinced that your period is about to start.

Have you asked your gynae if you have polycistic ovarian syndrome?

Reply to Purple