Question
Posted by: Nadya | 2009-12-01

Pregnant or not?

Hi, I would just like to enquire. I think that I might be pregnant. I missed my previous period, and the one that should have started, has still not happened. I have taken several home pregnancy tests, and I am currently on antibiotics as well for medical reasons. I have picked up weight as well. Please advise on what I should do? Could it be a hormonal inbalance?

I assume that the pregnancy tests were nagative. A hormone imbalance is a possibility Cysts and thyroid problems could also cause this.See a gynaecologist to assess.

4
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-12-03

Posted by: Anon | 2009-12-02

If the home tests are negative then you probably aren' t pregnant but it could also be that you' ve tested too early

If you' re unsure, you can do another test in a week (or a blood test - they are more accurate) or so but missing a period could be due to many things: stress, hormone imbalance, PCOS etc

I hope that the results are what you are hoping them to be - good luck :-)

Posted by: Nadya | 2009-12-01

Oh, the pregnancy tests show negative results.

Reply to Nadya
Posted by: Anon | 2009-12-01

You don' t say whether or not the (several) home pregnancy tests weree positive or not. But if they were, then it' s safe to assume that you are indeed pregnant

You can verify with a blood test