Posted by: Nads | 2009-09-21

Pregnant or not???

My doctor have put me on Clomid to help assist in conceiving. My cycle started on the 28th Aug. and I had to take Clomid on day 4 - 8 and my gynae informed me that I would ovulate on day 14 - 16. Last week I had very tender breasts and felt bloated, my GP did a blood tests on friday (18th Sept.) but it came back negative. Is it too soon to tell if I'  m pregnant?? Since Saturday night, some smells made me horrible nausea and my breasts are still slightly sensitive and I still feel slightly bloated with slight cramps (almost like period cramps). Could I be pregnant that conception / plantation in uterus only took place late last week or what? Or must I wait a week to do another test. Another thing if on Clomid will you ovulate as stated by doctor those perticular days? As I used to have irregular cycles. I know Clomid has some side effects but most of what I experience now is what I experience with my last pregnancy.

Dear Nads

The chances are that you may well be pregnant but the test was done a little bit too soon, I suggest that you repeat the test in a week’s time and then see if that has come back as positive or negative. If after week from today the tests are still negative then it is more likely that you have not conceived. Your doctor is right that in a normal 28-day cycle if you are ovulating then the days of ovulation would be around days 14-16.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo