Posted by: Katzi | 2009-05-18

Pregnant or not

Hi Doc,

I' m 38 and haven' t had my period in over 8 weeks, stopped using the pill about 4 weeks ago, I' ve been for 2 bloodtest (the first was 50/50) the second test says positive 19.95 ??? what ever that means) Then yesteday I started my period with lower pain. The only common symptom I don' t have yet is nausea but do have tender breasts, fatigue etc.
Been for a ultrasound / bladder etc. scan, all is in order.
How and when will I be able to tell if I' m pregnant or not, why do I have this terrible pain and weird period ???? If bloodtest can' t tell how long will I have to wait ????

If the test was positive then you are pregnant and you may now be having a miscarriage. See your doctor immediately.