Question
Posted by: worried | 2009-08-11

pregnant or going crazy

My girlfriend and i were fooling around in March and i came over her vagina without penetration.She took Norvelo and has been having irregular periods.In May she did a HPT and it was negative.In June she did two and one was negative and positive.The same with the tests in July.I told her to go for a blood test and she says the result was negative but im not sure.She has gained weight and she looks pregnant.Maybe it is just me being paranoid.I cannot sleep,i wake up two to four times a night.I have lost my appetite and general joy for life.
PLease advise

OK, firstly, this really isn't a question for a psychiatrist, except that the uncertainty about her possible pregnancy is obviously upsetting and worrying for you. She should see at least a GP, perhaps even a gynaecologist, for a proper checkup, including a physical examination and whatever tests the doc or clinic recommend, to enable both of you to be sure about this.
As CTMom says, the tests are not infallible, but any positive response suggests possible pregnancy. Have this checked out properly, for the sake of both of you

1
Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-08-11

You cant get a false positive, but you can get a false negative. You can also get your periods while pregnant, so thats not always a sign.

The hormone that the HPT picks up can only be present in her body if she is pregnant. Your body does not create it at any other time.

I suggest she goes to a dr and soon.

Reply to CTMOM