Question
Posted by: wafa | 2011/02/02

pregnant n hypothyroid

hi. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago and have been trying tofall pregnant ever since. I had PCOS, and im hypOthyroid. I was prescribed with 150mg of eltroxin and 2 doses of glucophage 500 daily.I got one period 6 weeks after starting the glucophage(prior to that i didnt get a period for ages!)then i didnt get my periods again. So i assumed that it was the usual problem of absent periods....Last night to my utter surprise, the gynae informed me that i am pregnant and around 16- 19 weeks!its very confusing.Ive skipped a whole trimester and didnt know it! I took some blood tests and will get myresults in afew hours.What i would liek to know is that i havent felt the baby as yet...is that normal?i didnt increase my thyroxine either because i didnt know i was pregnant but a TSH test last month revealed that it was normal n the dose didnt need adjusting.I have taken antibiotics in teh interim, worked hard physically and worked with chemicals and strong detergents...now i am worried if my baby is normal and why havent i fekt any movement yet. please help

Fetal movements may only start by 20-22 weeks. The scan would have shown if there was a problem. If the TSH is normal, the Eltroxin doesn't need to be adjusted. Physical work is not a problem, niether should detergents be. Many antibiotics are safe in pregnancy, so it depends which specific one you took.

1